Are you looking to stay healthy on the go? It’s easier than you think, especially when you have an healthy green smoothie recipe that only takes a few minutes of your time!
If you haven’t hopped on the smoothie train, then what are you waiting for?! These are a nutrient-dense way to start your day, or add some extra vegetables to you 3 p.m. snack. When you prepare properly, smoothies can take less time to make at home than heading to your local juice shop (and cost WAY less!).
When making a smoothie, here are 3 important things to remember to ensure it is filling and nourishing:
- Choose healthy fats! Coconut cream, avocado, nut butters and seeds are all great choices. Or if you take a liquid Omega-3 supplement, try adding it here!
- Always include vegetables. Zucchini, spinach, or steamed (then frozen) cauliflower have little flavour, but pack a nutrient-punch!
- Add protein. Protein sources like Enhanced Collagen, Spirulina, or a protein powder help to keep you satiated.
Combine all three of these tips in this Heathy Green Smoothie Recipe!
Healthy Green Smoothie
- 1 banana (frozen or ripe is fine)
- 1 big handful of spinach
- 1 scoop Organika Enhanced Collagen
- 1 tbsp. of your favourite nut butter
- 1/2 ripe avocado
- 1 cup of water or your favourite non-dairy milk (we’re loving Oat Milk right now)
This will all depend on your blender. If you have a high-powered Vitamix, you can toss everything in at once, blend, and drink!
If you are using a smaller blender like a Magic Bullet, or something without too much stamina, try this:
- Put your liquid and spinach in the blender. Blend until spinach is mostly liquid.
- Add banana and avocado. Blend again until mixed thoroughly.
- Add nut butter and Enhanced Collagen. Blend once more and pour into your favourite take-away mug!